- This event has passed.
WorkSafe meetings on exposure monitoring – Wellington
June 9, 2017 @ 4:00 am - 6:00 am
WorkSafe New Zealand invites you to a meeting discussing exposure monitoring of workers, and monitoring in workplaces. The objectives are to:
- clarify consultants’ legal duties under the Health and Safety at Work Act (2015) ‘HSWA’ and its Regulations in regard to exposure and workplace monitoring, and
- discuss how consultants undertaking exposure monitoring can support PCBU’s in meeting their primary duty of care in regard to managing work related health risk, and
- discuss the competency expectations for exposure monitoring and interpretation of data including chemical monitoring and noise monitoring, and
- discuss WorkSafe’ s view on best practice in exposure and workplace monitoring, reporting and interpretation of data.
- This meeting will not address health monitoring.
- This is not intended as a professional development course in exposure monitoring, rather this is intended to impart information to those carrying out exposure monitoring about meeting their legal duties under HSWA.
- There is no attendance fee and you do not need to register.
All locations and dates for these meetings are listed below:
- Christchurch on Monday 22nd May from 4-6pm at WorkSafe, level 2, 351 Lincoln Road, Addington.
- Dunedin on Thursday 25th May from 2-4pm at the Otago Chamber of Commerce, Level 3, 442 Moray Place, Dunedin (opposite First Church).
- Auckland on Tuesday 30th May from 4-6pm at WorkSafe, level 1, 12 Lambie Drive, Manukau.
- Tauranga on Wednesday 7th June from 4-6pm at WorkSafe, Campbell House, 727 Cameron Road, Tauranga.
- Wellington on Thursday 8th June from 4-6pm at WorkSafe, level 6, 86 Customhouse Quay, Wellington.